How We Make an Impact in Western CT
The Jewish Federation of Western CT provides a range of services to our local area and our partnership region of Afula-Gilboa in Israel. By supporting our annual campaign, your contribution allows us to provide services to a wide range of people who need our help. From local grants and food programs to economic development and education abroad, your donation to us goes further to help those in need.
Below is a list with full details of our programs, services, and events that we provide throughout the year.
- Offering both overnight and day camps to Jewish children allows us to provide them with an experience in connecting to nature, themselves, and the greater Jewish community.
- Learn more about our day camp program or our overnight camp program.
- Providing local grants and overseas grants for youth to study in Israel, explore religion, identify, and experience diversity through direct engagement with local communities.
- Learn more about our local and overseas grants.
- Brownstein Jewish Family Service (JFS) offers community programs, referrals, and resources that meet the needs of individuals of all ages and their families. These social services help people navigate the health care world, the social service milieu, and more.
- Learn more about Brownstein Jewish Family Service
We provide funding for a range of needs in crisis and the non-profit community. This includes providing funds to families and children in crisis for medical needs, assistive technology, and one-time basic needs assistance; non-profits in western CT that meet the needs of the most vulnerable; and NGOs in Israel who provide vocational training, support for at-risk youth, mentoring programs, dental care for those who cannot afford it, food rescue and crisis intervention support.
If you are experiencing a crisis, please contact 911 or go to your local emergency room.
Offering a rich array of cultural and educational programs for youth and families through the Walzer Enrichment Center to educate and entertain members of the community.
Participate with other Federations in support of legislation to keep us safe, to support Israel, oppose anti-Semitism and all forms of hatred and bias.
- PJ Library helps your family create cherished Jewish moments through the simple act of reading stories together. We support interfaith parents, LGBTQ parents, adoptive parents, and everything in between.
- Sign up to receive free Jewish book subscriptions for families throughout Western CT through PJ Library.