How We Make an Impact in Western CT
- Meet regional food insecurity needs by funding food pantries such as those run in Torrington, Danbury, Newtown and Southbury.
- Offering bi-monthly kosher lunch programs to seniors with musical entertainment. View Event and Program Calendar.
Send Jewish kids to overnight camp, day camp to help campers to connect to their own identity and the larger Jewish community.
Provide grants for youth to study in Israel, explore religion, identify, and experience diversity through direct engagement with local communities.
Serve as the social service arm through Brownstein Jewish Family Service with information and referral services to help individuals navigate the health care world, the social service milieu and more.
- Provide funding to families and children in crisis for medical needs, assistive technology, and one-time basic needs assistance.
- Fund non-profits in western CT that meet the needs of the most vulnerable.
- Fund NGOs in Israel to provide vocational training, support for at-risk youth, mentoring programs, dental care for those who cannot afford it, food rescue and crisis intervention support.
Provide tuition assistance and college scholarships to Jewish children in keeping with our commitment to education.
- Offer a rich array of cultural and educational programs to inform and entertain.
- Provide programs for youth and families through the Walzer Enrichment Center to educate and entertain members of the community.
Participate with other Federations in support of legislation to keep us safe, to support Israel and to oppose anti-Semitism and all forms of hatred and bias.