Empowering the community through support, care, and a helping hand.
Brownstein Jewish Family Service (JFS) offers community programs, referrals and resources that meet the needs of individuals of all ages and their families.
Brownstein Jewish Family Service cares for our community and for you. Since its inception and through our generous supporters, Brownstein JFS is able help our friends and neighbors in need.
Our JFS Cares fund is an emergency assistance fund for individuals and families in need of one-time, basic needs assistance.
JFS Cares supports individuals throughout the Jewish Federation’s fourteen town catchment area. You do not need to be a member of the Jewish Federation, nor do you need to be Jewish to apply for a JFS Cares grant.
Empowering the community through support, care & a helping hand. Brownstein Jewish Family Service (JFS) offers community programs, referrals and resources that meet the needs of individuals of all ages and denominations as well as their families.
Brownstein Jewish Family Service is available to help with many serious problems facing people in our community. We field thousands of calls and help to connect people with the right resources.
- Financial issues
- Job loss
- Caregiver support
- Domestic violence
- Cuts in social services
- Mental health issues
We get many calls from people who are “falling through the cracks” and living on fixed incomes, those who are out of work, in debt or struggling to qualify for State or Federal programs.
Please note that Brownstein Jewish Family Service does not provide any crisis services. If you are experiencing a crisis, please contact 911 or go to your local emergency room.
JFS provides a range of programming for those who are seeking special support groups.
- Monthly Alzheimer’s support group.
- Bereavement groups for adults include four and six week grief workshops in a supportive and safe environment.
- Life Love & Friendship: Our social group designed for individuals who have lost a loved one through death or divorce but identify themselves as “outside the bereavement phase” and are looking to make new connections and friendships.
- Free monthly Social Service Screenings for SNAP (Food Stamps)
- Food packages & grocery cards
- Holiday gift baskets
- Providing grocery gifts cards for people in need in our community! Call for more information.
JFS offers a variety of programs focused on getting and staying healthy including:
- Annual flu clinics
- Yoga Classes
- Health & Leisure Fair
- Free health education and support groups for that support health from a bio/psycho/social perspective.
Brownstein Family Service Events
A listing of Brownstein Family Service events is available on our Program and Event calendar. These events include Alzheimer’s support, bereavement groups, health education programs, and more.