The Jewish Communities of Western CT’s Federation is pleased to award camperships for children to attend Jewish summer day camp. Jewish camp programs support Jewish identity and continuity.
In order to be considered for an award, the family must agree and check the following:
- Demonstrate a commitment to the Jewish Community and to Jewish learning.
- Reside in the Federation’s service area (see list of towns we serve).
- All campership applicants must be current members of the Federation with a minimum $36 to the annual campaign.
- Child must be between the ages of 6 and 16 on July 1st.
- One application per camp should include all children applying for that camp.
- Submitted a copy of the camp invoice showing your paid registration fee and/or deposit for your child to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submitted a copy page 1 & 2 of your 2018 or later income tax return to email@example.com.
- Understand that no application will be considered unless all information is completed and submitted by the due date, February 15th.
In addition to the information provided in answer to specific application questions, the Grants and Allocations Committee uses a number of factors in considering each Campership Grant Application. These factors include the total number of applications and the total funds available for grants, need as demonstrated by family income and total finances, previous camping opportunities, other awards or grants, and other relevant special circumstance.
The Endowment’s Grants and Allocations Committee makes award decisions. Applicants are discouraged from contacting any member of the scholarship committee regarding his/her application.
Right after attending camp, all campers will send the Federation a letter, video, poem, picture or any version thereof to share the impact of a Federation campership on their lives. More than just “Thank you for sending me to camp”, we request a description of how the Jewish camping experience made a difference in the life of a camper. This camper feedback is a critical part of the campership process and will be part of the ongoing evaluation process when determining future campership awards. It is very important and we ask that your campers take the time to share a meaningful story with us.